Saturday, October 17 at 5 p.m. in the St. Nicholas Church
Tickets: Tickets are 10 euros for adults, 5 euros for youth (-26), and free for children under 12 years. We encourage you to reserve your ticket ahead of time by sending an email to email@example.com
This recital will be performed by Peter Thomas
, the titular organist of the Abbey of Grimbergen, director if the Aalst Municipal Academy for the Performing Arts, and professor of music theory at the Royal Flemish Conservatory of Antwerp.
Peter Thomas will be joined by the chamber choir El Grillo
, conducted by Inge Bollaert
. El Grillo is a choir from Ghent that consists of around twenty singers. As a group of friends, they aim to perform vocal music from the Renaissance period in a spontaneous and unconstrained way, with the example of some renowned Flemish ensembles in mind.
All works by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Concerto in d (BWV 974)
- Cantata: Christ lag in Totesbanden (BWV 4), 8. Chorale // Christ lag in Todesbanden (BWV 718)
- Chorale: Von Gott will ich nicht lassen (BWV 418) // Von Gott will ich nicht lassen (BWV 658)
- Sonate in c (BWV 526)
- Cantata: Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme (BWV 140), 7. Chorale // Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme (BWV 645)
- Cantata: Bringet dem Herrn Ehre seines Namens (BWV 148), 6. Chorale // Wo soll ich fliehen hin (BWV 646)
- Toccata, adagio en fuga (BWV 564)